(Effective July 1, 2004)
Your privacy is important to Allstate Lending Group, Inc. We hold your personal and transactional information in the strictest confidence. Because we gather certain nonpublic personal information about you, we want you to know how we treat personal and confidential information about you.
We have implemented privacy policies that are consistent with applicable law and regulatory requirements. We have also adopted procedures designed to safeguard the security and confidentiality of our customers' records and information which are consistent with applicable law and regulatory requirements.
By using the term nonpublic personal information, we mean personally identifiable financial information that is not available publicly and that we collect in connection with your loan application. It includes information that you give us in an application in order to obtain a loan, such as name, address, income and Social Security number, as well as information that we obtain from others in connection with your application, such as information from a credit report.
How Allstate Lending Group Protects your Nonpublic Personal Information
- We do not disclose any nonpublic personal information about you to anyone, except as permitted or required by law.
- We restrict access to your personal and account information to those employees who need to know that information to provide products or services to you;
- We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations and applicable state law to guard your nonpublic personal information.
What Information do we collect from you?
Allstate Lending Group collects nonpublic personal information about you from the following sources:
- Information that we receive from you on applications, forms and other information that you provide to us, whether in writing, in person, by telephone, electronically or by any other means, such as your name, date of birth, mailing address, e-mail address, social security number, employment information, assets and income.
- Information about your transactions with us and with others, such as your account balances and property value appraisal;
- Information that we receive from outside companies (including consumer reporting agencies), such as your creditworthiness, credit history and employment.
- Information that we receive from Internet cookies (an information collecting device from a web server) when you visit our website.
Information We Collect While You Browse Our Website
We do not access information about your identity while your browse our website. While you visit our website, our system tracks the pages you visit, the pages you download,, the site you came from and your browser type and software; it also notes your IP address (but not your identity). We may also use a cookie on your computer that tracks your use of our website. A cookie is a small piece of data that is stored on your hard drive. It takes up very little room on your system and helps us estimate the number of persons who use our site and which areas of the website are most popular. The cookie does not provide us with specific personally identifiable financial information about you such as your name, address, email address or telephone number. You remain anonymous to us as long as you browse the website.
However, once you complete an application for a loan, we may use the information provided in the application to determine your eligibility for a loan. In certain instances, we may forward that information on to other Mortgage Lenders for their determination of eligibility.
We may retain the information provided to us in your application, such as your name, address, income, assets, liabilities, age, social security number and employment.
Our Website may contain links to other websites and to calculators to enable you to customize rates and payments and to provide information related to mortgage loans. Allstate is not responsible for the content of any linked website or for the use of the calculators which are provided for information only.
To whom do we disclose your nonpublic personal information?
Except as required or permitted by law, we do not disclose any nonpublic personal information about our customers or former customers to anyone.
We disclose nonpublic personal information that we collect about you, as described above, to financial service providers such as banks, mortgage brokers, mortgage companies and insurance agents or companies, escrow companies, title companies and appraisers in order to effect, administer or enforce a mortgage loan transaction authorized or requested by you.
We also disclose nonpublic personal information that we receive from you on applications or other forms, such as your name and address, to companies that perform services on our behalf. These companies are precluded from releasing any information about you to outside sources and are held accountable for securing the confidentiality of the information.
We also disclose nonpublic personal information to government agencies and consumer reporting agencies for limited purposes necessary to:
- effect a mortgage loan transaction authorized or requested by you;
- effect, administer or enforce a mortgage loan transaction;
- protect against fraud;
- report to a consumer reporting agency; and
- comply with a legal investigation or regulatory requirements
We utilize credit bureau reports in order to evaluate our customers' creditworthiness and to protect our customers from fraudulent conduct. When you submit an application to us, you are expressly authorizing us to obtain a credit report about you. This report contains information pertaining to your credit history. This information will be used only in connection with an evaluation of your creditworthiness.
How You Can Change Your Nonpublic Personal Information
You can review the nonpublic personal information we maintain on you and can make any necessary corrections to it by contacting us either by telephone or in writing at the address listed below.
Allstate Lending Group, Inc.
2540 Corporate Place
Monterey Park, California 91754